A. For the longest time, I was a hired gun in my community. As I got around and a little more popular people would come to support me. One time a promoter billed the event as my name "with his orchestra" I was horrified especially because I had no idea what band it was or who the musicians where. I said to myself, people should know the truth. The name of the band is "LA Verdad" in English THE TRUTH.
5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?
A. I grew up in the business. I began singing back in the '70s.. Dating myself. Regional traditional folk. I was born and raised in the U.S.A but a bit of my childhood was spent doing films in Mexico singing in all the 8 feature films I made. My whole family sings. I don't remember a time when I wasn't singing..LOL
6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren't a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?
A. Honestly, I'm a performer. Look at my social media. That's who I am. Everyone in my circle is the same. I work with some of the most professional musicians in Los Angeles. Our work speaks for itself. I am an actor who does TV, film, commercials, voice overs, musical theater...with credits. No plan b.
7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?
A. The fact that I've been able to do it and support my family. My wife works of course but it's a blessing for me to say.
I got a Grammy in 2013 for my contribution to "Imaginaries" QUETZAL (Folkway Records) Music is no surprise. Maybe the places It's taken me. I played Afghanistan for troops back in 2006, that was cool.
8. What was it like putting together your EP?
A. In the process.
9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you absolutely still love to work within the future?
A. I'd love to work with Stevie Wonder, Gregory Porter. Arturo Sandoval, Herbie Hancock, Eddie Palmieri wow...too many, not fair.
I've been blessed, In LA I've worked with quite a few artists. I do backgrounds too.
10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?
A. Not hard, not really. Time-consuming but necessary. I personally love Instagram these days. I didn't give it the attention I should've but that's all changed, numbers steadily rising. My FB page is full I have two others and I welcome you again to see what I'm about. I don't really post anything personal or political. I have beliefs but those are also personal and have no place on my stage.
11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why?
A. A drum, to sing.
12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?
A. That's where anyone who works with me will score. I hear us everywhere. We are the Poncho Sanches band on steroids. I use a lot of the same musicians.
13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?
I'd hope to build a bridge. Anyone who loves really good music with really great, not so famous, veteran professional musicians. An intimate inclusive experience.
14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
I'm a musical director at a church (10 years) actor (auditions) and I'm a husband.
#Groupon #MadeMen #Landscape #SCAM #Landscaping Bought the Groupon, #John won't return calls to schedule the work. Paid for $150 #DoNotBuyGrouponServices John's number is 510-394-876 612-707-4083 #BEWARE #Thief #GrouponScam
if you exceed two hashtags in a tweet your chances of engagement drop by 17%.
Only 22% of engagement with a brand’s tweets are replies. 78% are retweets 92% are link clicks. So if you include an appropriate hashtag or two in your tweets as a brand, you are massively increasing the chances of exposure and click-throughs on the site. Going from 10 to 20 – in retweets or link clicks…
Model Contest! We are looking for three models to be featured on https://dogtorbarker.com #DogtorBarker #Model #Contest Must be over age 18. Go to the site, sign up for the #Newsletter Submit your photos (3) & measurements. #Win #Clothing !…
Artist Name: Smoky VegaSong Title: GraduationSmoky Vega was born and bred in the streets where they coined the phrase "city that never sleeps". The birthplace of hip hop and cultivator of amazing talent like Big Pun, Biggie Smalls, Big…See More
Artist Rock Mayfield is a lyrical storyteller born in Racine, Wisconsin, but rooted not far from home in Burlington, Wisconsin. He was raised in a single parent household with a determined mother fighting to make sure he had the best of the world we live in. Despite his mother efforts, Rock meet tragedy early on. At the tender age of 4, Rock was exposed to domestic…See More
Every once in a while in the music world, a breath of fresh air blows through. Enter Rula, an artist hailing from New Orleans’ infamous 17th Ward. Rula comes from a royal musical bloodline that includes his cousin, the late great BTY YoungN. He is blazing his own path by putting in work, networking and churning out some dope tunes and visuals. Rula, along with his lyrical counterparts JayArson and Y.Luck, come together on the rousing single "Call Them People For Me", produced by Kat Trakz. Rula…See More
Scorching new single “Came For” by AYO^ heats up the summer WASHINGTON DC – With his brand new single, AYO^ treats listeners to music that is perfect for the sizzling season. “Came For” is a sexy, chill dancehall jam, flavored with Caribbean and R&B tones characterized by a tropical feel and a distinctive summer vibe. Although the song was recorded at The Kitchen DMV in Burtonsville, Maryland last fall, AYO^ held off releasing the single until the July 4th holiday. He felt confident that it…See More
"Music makes me happy!! Like I don't know what it is about it but it makes me move. I just love a great song and awesome vibes" - 6est7 My artist name I came up with is really unique. It’s actually my last name which is “Best” Only thing I made cool about it is I turned the “B” in best to a “6” and added “7” at the end. Everything I do I just gotta do it different or if not different. “special”Listen: …See More